Learn to sail in just one-two-three days!
Sail the world in one-two-three ASA courses!
ASA structures its courses sequentially from beginning sailors to advanced.
SailNashville offers the first three ASA courses, which will enable you to go from zero knowledge or experience sailing, to being able to charter and successfully skipper a 45-foot sailboat in the BVIs, the Bahamas, anywhere in the world.
Approximately half your time will be classroom instruction, while the other half will be on the water training and skills development.
During the three days you will be observed and rated as to your sailing skills. At the end of the course, you will take a written examination. Upon successful completion of both, you will earn your ASA certification.
ASA Courses Offered by SailNashville
Here’s what your sailing skills will be upon completing our courses:
Step 1 - ASA 101: Basic Keelboat Sailing
• Able to skipper a sloop-rigged keelboat of approximately 20 to 27 feet in length by day in light to moderate winds (up to 15 knots) and sea conditions. Knowledge of basic sailing terminology, parts and functions, helm commands, basic sail trim, points of sail, buoyage, seamanship and safety including basic navigation rules to avoid collisions and hazards. Auxiliary power operation is not required.
• Classes available now
• A full three-day course for $595.00*
Step 2 - ASA 103: Basic Coastal Cruising
• Able to skipper a sloop-rigged auxiliary powered (inboard or outboard engine) keelboat of approximately 25 to 35 feet length by day in moderate winds (up to 20 knots) and sea conditions. Knowledge of cruising sailboat terminology, basic boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, docking procedures, intermediate sail trim, navigation rules, basic coastal navigation, anchoring, weather interpretation, safety and seamanship.
• Classes begging Summer 2019
• A full three-day course for $695.00*
Step 3 - ASA 104: Bareboat Cruising
• Able to skipper a sloop-rigged, auxiliary powered keelboat of approximately 30 to 45 feet in length during a multi-day cruise upon inland or coastal waters in moderate to heavy winds (up to 30 knots) and sea conditions. Knowledge of provisioning, galley operations, boat systems, auxiliary engine operation, routine maintenance procedures, advanced sail trim, coastal navigation including basic chart plotting and GPS operation, multiple-anchor mooring, docking, health & safety, emergency operations, weather interpretation, and dinghy/tender operation.
• Classes beginning Summer 2019
• A full three-day course for $795.00*
*Your course fee includes: your ASA textbook, your ASA Logbook, ASA testing and certification fees and a one-year membership in ASA.
- Courses are limited to a maximum of four (4) students
- Courses are scheduled from 9:00am to 5:00pm each day
- Women-Only courses are available
- Family courses available
- Private lessons are available
The Three ASA Courses Bundle (ASA 101, 103, and 104) – $1,795.00
Save 10% by signing up for all three courses offered.
Easier to Afford
Schedule your payments over time to reduce the impact on your budget. SailNashville can charge your credit/debit card $100 each month to spread your payments over time.
American Sailing Association Certified
SailNashville is the only American Sailing Association (ASA) affiliated sailing school in the state of Tennessee. Our courses are certified by ASA, and in just three days, you will have the knowledge and skills to skipper a 20- to a 27-foot sailboat competently.
Why ASA certification?
Because it provides an industry-recognized standard that demonstrates a specific level of training, skills, and competency accepted by sailboat charters around the world.
After completing our three courses, you will also have the ability to charter a sailboat or yacht up to 45 feet anywhere in the world. With more than 350 affiliated sailing schools worldwide and 1,500 certified instructors, the American Sailing Association is the largest provider of keelboat sailing instructions in the United States.